Monday, February 1, 2016

Mr. Bear Ears Knits On

Connor has finished his second project! He now has a very warm 2x2 ribbed cowl out of Anzula's For Better Or Worsted in the Mariana color way. We used Purl Soho's Lovely Ribbed Cowl as a starting point.

This is the face of a man who enjoys the feeling of wool, silk, and cashmere on his skin. And since he has been wearing his cowl, I've been able to steal use his scarf.

I've also added this to his project page on ravelry. I didn't know that when I convinced him that he should have a ravelry page, I'd be maintaing it. I just tell myself he's Mr. Bear Ears, not Mr. Social Media.

I had bought him the yarn at Stitches West last year. I asked him if he wanted a scarf. He said yes, so I handed him the yarn and told him there was some assembly required. I'm proud that he rose to the challenge and made himself a cowl. (He decided he wanted the yarn to become a cowl rather than a scarf in the end.

We've been talking about what he might want to knit next. He's thinking of making fingerless mitts. I'm trying to talk him into knitting me a sweater. We shall see.

6 comments :

Alina Sayre said...

That is the face of a happy knitter :)

Maryse said...

And he's an excellent knitter!

Anonymous said...

Go go Mr Bear Ears!! So when is he starting his own knitting blog? ;)

Alicia said...

That cowl looks lovely and squishy.

Caffeine Girl said...

Here is proof that real men knit!

Stefanie said...

Clicked over here via Andi; I like how your hub is so proud of his knitting. Great job!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...