Sunday, November 2, 2014

The Wairarapa Pt.1 - Pinnacles

It looked like it was going to rain all week, so even though Chris and I had two hiking days in a row, we decided to go to the Wairarapa and have a third hiking day. Owen joined us. Both he and Chris contained their terror as I drove us all the way there.

The Pinnacles are made of an aggregate, so the trail is largely made from all the erosion that occurs there. For every step forward you took, you'd end up half a step back. It was tough going.
Thanks for the picture, Owen!

There was also a rock fall warning sign just in case the trail wasn't enough evidence.

We climbed up this narrow canyon to have a better look. Unbeknownst to me, Chris demonstrated his maturity level behind me.
Thanks for this picture as well, Owen! 

The Pinnacles are pretty impressive.

However, we did hear some pebbles falling. This worried me because I didn't want to get hit by anything bigger. Note the face of worry.
Another great capture by Owen

Chris said he wanted to take a picture of me in the narrow canyon. I wasn't sure this was a good idea because of all the falling pebbles. Dutifully I stood.... until a large pebble hit me in the head. Chris said he never saw someone run down a trail so quickly.

After exploring the Pinnacles, we had lunch and carried on with our adventure. To be continued....

1 comments :

Anonymous said...

LOL! That was a very funny post. I really MUST get to the Pinnacles!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...