Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Yarn Makes Everything Better

On Monday I had all four wisdom teeth removed. The surgery was successful, although I now feel like I've been punched in the jaw during a bar room brawl.
Of course on the same day as my surgery, the Madelinetosh order that I've been excited about came in at work. So what does one do the day after surgery when the Tosh comes in? They ask their Mum very nicely to drive them to the shop. So I bought myself 4 skeins of Tosh Pashmina in the colorway Tart. 

The Pashmina was a planned purchase. But while I was there, it made sense to buy just a little more. You know, to help my jaw feel better. Mum wanted a skein of Tosh Lace in the Spectrum. (She said she really has to stop going shopping with me.) I also bought myself a skein of Tosh Sock in the Home colorway.

I'll admit it. The Tosh Sock was a bit of an impulse buy.  But it was worth it. I'm sure my jaw became just a little less swollen after I picked it up.

8 comments :

Jennifer said...

Very pretty yarn. I hope your mouth heals up quickly! Oral surgery can be awful. When I had my gum surgery last year, I subsisted on drinkable yogurts and protein shakes.

Britney said...

get well soon! after much stalling, i got the last two of my wisdom teeth just a few weeks ago. it's not fun stuff, but i didn't have such beautiful yarn keeping me company during the recovery!
can't wait to see these skeins transform into something beautiful!

Lesley said...

Ouch! The yarn is very pretty though!!

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for a quick healing process. Ouch!! That yarn is very lovely, and you very definitely deserved it!

Christine said...

Madelinetosh yarn is impossible to resist. Enjoy creating with it and I hope you make a quick recovery!

Pumpkin said...

Teeth for MadTosh is a reasonable trade in my opinion. I'm so glad that you are making a steady recovery, do take care of yourself and remember that apple sauce is amazing in this situation.

Unknown said...

Feel better! Also, those are totally justified yarn purchases, in my opinion. :)

Maryse said...

Lovely yarns! Great pics!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...