Saturday, August 20, 2011

Yarn Addict

Let's start with the loot shot. I picked up 3 skeins of Tosh sock in the Fathom colorway and 3 skeins of Canopy in the Quetzal colorway for future designs. And just for fun, I picked up a skein of Ella Rae merino lace in the 116 Denim/Teal/Violet colorway. (I rarely pick up yarn that hasn't got a design idea attached to it, so this is a real treat.) I also got a copy of Rowan's Homestead Classics and US size 5 and 7, 16inch addi circular needles. Boy do I love those circulars.

I read about Monarch Knitting & Quilts online. I think it might be my new favorite yarn shop. The selection is excellent, the atmosphere is inviting, and the prices are competitive. One customer there referred to the shop as a crack house for knitters. I think that is a pretty accurate description.

While we were in Pacific Grove, Mum and I decided that we would bike to Carmel and back. She said it would be an 18 mile ride, so I wore jeans thinking it wouldn't be a big deal. It turned out to be a 26 mile ride round trip. I learned that it's rather uncomfortable to bike 26 miles in jeans.

We stopped to look at the famous Lone Cypress Tree. It was hard to miss some of the well carved graffiti. They almost spelled my name right...

2 comments :

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

what a fun bike ride :) I'm an art store fanatic myself- craft and art stores are so darn addicting.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, that looks like a great bunch of stuff! I love circular needles too :) I need to save up and buy one of each, because it seems like whenever I start a new project it always calls for a size I don't have, hehe :)

Eep- 26 miles! That is so awesome!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...