Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sock It To Me

I would love for this to be a post about how I finished knitting a pair of socks. What I'm actually going to be talking about is how sock inept inexperienced I am. There I was, merrily knitting along, no care in the world. Then it hit me.

After turning the heel, I hadn't done the pattering around the circumference of the sock. I was just knitting the pattern on one side, like you do for the foot. This, of course, is the second sock of the pair. I knit the first one just fine. But the second one has given me nothing but trouble. I had to knit the toe three times before I managed to end with the correct number of stitches, and now this.

At least I've managed to keep both socks me-sized rather than Sasquatch-sized. I imagine that Sasquatch might be a bit disappointed about this. His sock drawer was starting to become quite lovely.

1 comments :

Anonymous said...

Heehee, poor Sasquatch :)

Well, I'm rather more sock inexperienced than you, so I'll just take your word for it. But I do think they're looking really cool!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...