Monday, August 15, 2011

Swatching At The Snuggly Duckling

Today I was offered an exciting opportunity. I'll wait until things have progressed a bit more before revealing what it is, but I will show you what I ended up doing as a result. Swatching. Lots of swatching. I watched Disney's Tangled while doing all the swatching.

I've seen Tangled before, but I don't remember there being so much knitting in the film. Not only does Rapunzel knit....

But so does one of the shady characters at Snuggly Duckling. And he's more advanced than Rapunzel. I'm curious about his sock construction. It kind of resembles the Elizabeth Zimmermann's Moccasin Socks from the Knitters Almanac. Or maybe it is a baby bootie.
He's even wearing a knitted sweater! It looks like the basket weave pattern with a garter stitch collar.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hehehe, the Snuggly Duckling?! So cute! And seeing that big scary guy knitting is so precious! I'm excited to hear about your new opportunity! ;)

Anonymous said...

Interesting looking swatches! I'm looking forward to seeing what comes of it.

Funny - I have watched Tangled (well, it's been on in the background) a couple of times but I haven't noticed the knitting!!! I'll have to pay attention now!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...