Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tidy Mind, Tidy Stitches - 2KCBWDAY3


How do you keep your yarn wrangling organised? It seems like an easy to answer question at first, but in fact organisation exists on many levels. Maybe you are truly not organised at all, in which case I am personally daring you to try and photograph your stash in whatever locations you can find the individual skeins. However, if you are organised, blog about an aspect of that organisation process, whether that be a particularly neat and tidy knitting bag, a decorative display of your crochet hooks, your organised stash or your project and stash pages on Ravelry.

I have heard stories of people having entire rooms, or even having to rent storage lockers for their stash. I'm quite proud to say that my stash fits into my bedroom just fine. I have a bookcase dedicated to yarn. The striped bin has unused skeins, the grey bin has used skeins, and the bottom suitcase holds all the yarn I bought when I last went to New Zealand.

Right next to my bed is an active project basket. It holds skeins that will be used in the near future.

Right above the basket is my workspace. It is a bit messy, but it holds projects that are actively being knit.

Next to the desk is the bookcase of colored fiber and all of my handspun. Not shown is all the natural colored fiber in my closet. And under my bed is a suitcase dedicated to finished projects. Everything is organized and easy to find.

On a separate subject, you can now Follow my blog with bloglovin.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...