Monday, February 3, 2014

Yarn Enabling And Trip Recap

The good news is that I got my two pegs from IKEA and my room is starting to sort itself out. I have more things than I thought I did (or was admitting to myself)... so it's taking awhile. 

Anyways, I thought I'd share a few highlights from my recent trip to Oregon. I had a trunk show along with Alexandra's Crafts at Middleford Yarn Co. I think my most favorite part of hanging out at a yarn shop is enabling other people. Here is Jennie with her new collection. I'm responsible for the bottom two balls. Heh heh.

After doing all our family and yarn stuff, Mum and I headed back down the coast. We decided to take two days to make it more relaxing. The bonus is that we crossed a bunch of "One day we'll do this..." goals off of our list. Whenever we pass by She She's in Gasquet, I hope its open so we can try it out. This time it was. I had a BLT. It was quite good.

We spent the night in Fort Bragg. I got a little knitting in while enjoying the lovely view from our hotel.

We hardly made it out of Fort Bragg when we passed a sign for Mendocino. Mum said, "That's where Murder, She Wrote was filmed." I reacted by pointing wildly towards the turn and saying, "WE HAVE TO GO!" Here's me in front of Jessica Fletcher's house.

I didn't even know there was a yarn shop in Mendocino, but while looking for Jessica's house we passed a sign that said "Yarn". Let me tell you, the Mendocino Yarn Shop is lovely. Good selection of yarn and everyone was quite friendly. And they now carry Lit Knits, so stop by to get a copy if you are in the area. I think that I'll be stopping by to do a trunk show here at some point in the future. 

I managed to get in one more yarn shop before we got home. In Santa Rosa, we stopped by Cast Away. They've recently moved, although the move was only across the street and around the corner. I really enjoyed seeing their yarn boat.

5 comments :

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, that yarn boat is amazing! Also, hope the stressful stuff calms down soon. You'll get through it all!

Jennifer said...

Wow! I love Murder, She Wrote, and recently finished watching the entire series for, maybe, the third time!

Looks like a wonderful trip - what fun!

kathy b said...

the lacey sail on the boat is just the best

Anonymous said...

OMG! Look.at.the.size.of.those.yarn.stores!!!! Absolutely love how homey they look too. How cool to be able to wander around in them, and by the looks of it, be able to go and knit there too!

It's great to be able to wander a little and not always rush from A to B. Glad you were able to do all those side stops.

Maryse said...

It must feel great to enter a yarn shop that sells your books! Nice journey you've had!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...