Saturday, February 2, 2013

Same Habits, Different Excuse

So, my birthday is coming up in two weeks. This means that every time I buy something, I've been using the justification, "It's my birthday present to me." I don't think I'm spending any more or less than usual. It's just the excuse that has changed.
After seeing all of Andi's wonderful self striping sock yarns, I decided to treat myself to my very first self striping yarn. It's the Fall Leaves colorway on the Charles base by Canon Hand Dyes

I've made quite a bit of progress on my Grace cardigan since I last talked about it. I'm about an inch from starting the hem. It's going pretty fast for a fingering weight cardigan. But since most of the knitting has been going on the evening, I hadn't really seen the true color of it until I took this picture. Even though I loved the yarn in skein form, I'm on the fence on how I feel about it knitted up. It's not that I don't like the color, I'm just worried it won't look good on me. I suppose the only way to find out is to finish it.

And now for a little book sneak peek.

As for the knitwear photo series, I have gone back and added some information on focal lengths on the lens post. And after getting some good feedback, I will be talking about f stops, shutter speeds, and ISO settings on the next photo post. The lighting post will come after that. 

7 comments :

Anonymous said...

That yarn looks super delicious and yummy. I am sure you'll love the self-striping. I think it makes the knitting go faster somehow!

Maryse said...

Your Grace Cardigan looks very nice! I'm sure it will look great on you! I think that when we knit sweaters or cardigans, we just see them too much and start to have doubt ;-) Yeah to self stripping yarns! They are so fun to knit with! Andi is indeed a great inspiration!

Bethany said...

Your Grace is coming along great...that colorway is excellent. Love that meshy panel in the back. Your sneak peek is more like a tease! Hah. I'm very curious about your book. Are you going to recruit any test knitters? ;)

Bethany

Alicia said...

I am so excited to see what your book will contain!

Pumpkin said...

I really like the look of the last photo, it is artfully blurry, yes I'm aware that is weird. I really love Grace, I'm not sure how it wouldn't look good on you. I hope you start to like it because it would be a shame to have to frog a fingering weight project!

Meredith Sledge said...

Woah!!! That's awesome that you can make sweaters! I've always wanted to learn! Right now I'm making a blanket but that's pretty easy. :)

http://www.meredithsledgeblog.com

Anonymous said...

The Grace cardigan is gorgeous and that color is so unique! Excited to see more of the book peaks :D

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...