Friday, February 8, 2013

Cloud Parade

It has been ages since I've taken pictures just for fun. All my photographic effort has gone towards this blog, The Book, or documentation. Well, today our family got some news that my grandfather isn't doing well. Mum and I decided that a little distraction from life would be healthy. We were at the tail end of a storm, so the clouds were pouring over the ridge line. We went up for a look.

The clouds were moving at an incredible rate, but there was hardly a whisper of wind on the ridge itself. 

Every now and then the clouds would clear. Wind would rustle the leaves, disturbing the remaining raindrops out of the canopy.

We warmed ourselves in the sun. Mum asked where the autofocus was on the camera.  

Crows circled overhead. Their feathers caught the light every once in a while making the birds themselves appear white.

We stayed until the last of the clouds had paraded by.

7 comments :

José said...

Sorry to hear about your grandfather... hope he's doing better now

Those photo's are really awesome ! Amazing, too, those clouds.. and then to know there's hardly wind on that ridge... Nature really rocks :)

Marcail said...

beautiful pictures, beautiful words

Jennifer said...

Stunning photos! And I really appreciate you're photography tutorials; I have them bookmarked since I haven't had time to really go through them yet.

Sending my thoughts to you and your family about your grandfather...

Unknown said...

Lovely photos and I hope your grandfather's health improves.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. I hope it's not too serious. The pictures are beautiful. Thank you for sharing a lovely moment.

Alina Sayre said...

I'm sorry about your grandfather, Audry. On a brighter note, this post is lovely and whimsical. I think the last photo would make a great profile shot for you :)

Andi G said...

Beautiful images Audry. I am sorry to hear about your grandfather. Sending you love!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...