Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Smashing Success

I was waiting until these were finally gifted before posting about them. But the other bit of knitting I've finished recently is a pair of Elizabeth Zimmermann's Mitered Mittens. I made a few modifications. One being that my gauge was wildly off, so I changed the stitch count.

The other is that recipient wanted something with buttons, so I added a garter stitch strip with a one row button hole in it along with buttons made of sliced antler. The yarn is Manos del Uruguay Maxima in the Arctic color way. I thought the antler buttons and arctic color seemed to create a nice theme.

I think it's safe to say that they are a success. I'm basing this on the feeling of, "maybe I can make another pair so I can keep this pair." 

8 comments :

Anonymous said...

Oh I do like those a lot! Super coloured yarn too! :)

Anonymous said...

They look cooozyyyy. I hope the recipient likes them and gets lots of wear out of them!

Anonymous said...

These look great! Now I'm starting to feel like I need a new pair of mittens...

Anonymous said...

Really, really nice!! I like!

Maryse said...

Very nice mittens! The colors are so yummy!

Andi G said...

Success all the way around. These are fantastic!!

Michael Popek said...

Audry - you won the children's books over on Facebook. Email me so I know where to send them:

fb@forgottenbookmarks.com

Alina Sayre said...

So nice! I love the picture with the Northern Fairy Tales book :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...