Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Chess For The Win

I know I have mentioned this before, but Chess is my favorite game to play. I love the strategy. The concentration. And the winning. Especially the winning.

There are different levels of gloating one can do depending on how glorious the win was. If almost all the pieces are off the board, the win isn't nearly as good as a win where hardly any pieces were taken. (In a recent game, I surprised myself when I won. I didn't realize that my "check" was really a "checkmate". I only lost a bishop in the game.)

I only have one opponent: my Dad. There are rules in place to prevent cheating. Neither of us is allowed to read a strategy book. It would take all the fun out of it. I love the board too. The box is beaten up. One of the rooks was eaten by Scooter and later repaired by my brother (as a Christmas gift to me.) If I were to only receive one item as an inheritance, it would be this board.

Does anyone else have a favorite game, or a favorite memory regarding a game? I'd love to hear it!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...