Thursday, December 3, 2015

Sometimes The Rain Lasts Longer Than You Thought

I've tried and been unable to write much this past month. Everything seems either like I'm sharing too much or pretending that nothing bad ever happens. Two months ago I talked about how "It's Going To Be Alright" and I have to say... it hasn't come right just yet. I have high hopes that it will, but we aren't there quite yet.

I can confidently say that nothing tragic has occurred, but small and medium stressors have built up in a way that has left me feeling stuck, uninspired, and a bit sad. For example, not being able to knit for three and a half weeks has been the most frustrating because the income I bring in is dependent on being able to knit. Also, all my planned holiday knitting went out the window. I had grand plans, but they will just have to wait another year.
Oh! The agony of not being able to knit. Or: I want to knit you so bad, but I can't.

Of course, I can't sit still, so my inability to knit manifest itself in our new place being put together quite rapidly. I plan to have future blogs show some of the things I managed to accomplish without my left index finger.

But on to a silver lining: my finger has finally healed enough that I can pick up the needles again. I am now knitting away on new patterns.

5 comments :

Jennifer said...

I'm sorry that the rain is lasting longer than expected. I know this offers no consolation right now, but I do believe that rainy periods allow us to more fully appreciate the sunny times. I hope things brighten up soon for you.

Cindy said...

Oh, poor you, I would be so stressed without my knitting. Hope all will be much more positive sooner than later!!!!!

Alicia said...

I'm sorry you're still having a rough time. <3 Offering internet hugs and a willing ear/email account if talking about it will help. I'm glad you have Connor to lean on, and it's good you've got your finger back.

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure that despite the inability to knit (which would be d.r.e.a.d.f.u.l.) you have indeed been keeping very busy. Those efforts will pay off in other ways. It is wonderful that you can knit again, and may be rains cease soon!! xx

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear things are not quite working out the way you were hoping for. Hopefully now finally being able to knit again will soften the blow a little.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...