Monday, June 29, 2015

Still Torn

I'm still torn over which white to use with my handspun. I've even gone as far as knitting up a bit of a cuff in each white. On top is Tosh Sock in Filtered Light and on bottom is Koigu in 0000. I'm worried the Filtered Light is too orange. Of course the flip side is that the Koigu might be too plain. Anyone have an opinion now that there are swatches to compare with the handspun?

I'd love to get going on this sock. Decisions, decisions. Until then, the only thing on my needles is Onopordum, which is terrible car knitting. I suppose this pattern isn't great care knitting either, but the idea is to knit the leg in one go, which would make the rest of the sock great car knitting.

Meanwhile I managed to weave in all the ends and block my Drogue. It's a beast of a shawl. I had to fold it in half to block it because I didn't have enough blocking boards.

Just to give some perspective as to how long it is, here is Scooter helping out. 

8 comments :

Rachelle said...

I like the one on top, it's a little softer.

Kristin said...

I love the Tosh Sock. Those flecks of color look nice with the colors in your handspun!

Allispin said...

I think I like the Koigu better. Initially I had thought I'd like the Tosh, but seeing it knit up has changed my mind. I think it makes a nicer contrast with the variegated handspun, the flecks of color in the Tosh are maybe a little too busy?

Knitcoach said...

Here's a thought, how about the solid bits in filtered light and the pattern bits in the koigu?

Alicia said...

I agree with Allison, the plain white is a nicer contrast, I do think the flecked yarn might be a bit too orange. However, they're your socks, if the flecked yarn makes you happy, use it!

Anonymous said...

Filtered light all the way! Those speckles give it just a bit more oomph, without threatening to overwhelm the "plain" sections.

Anonymous said...

I also love the speckled yarn! Whichever you go with, these socks are going to be pretty :)

Andi G said...

My eyes keep taking me back to the speckled yarn. Yet even with the solid, these are going to be gorgeous.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...