Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Knitter For All Seasons - 3KCBWDAY4

Hey everyone. It's day four of Knit/Crochet blog week. Here's today's topic:

As spring is in the air in the northern hemisphere and those in the southern hemisphere start setting their sights for the arrival of winter, a lot of crocheters and knitters find that their crafting changes along with their wardrobe. Have a look through your finished projects and explain the seasonality of your craft to your readers. Do you make warm woollens the whole year through in preparation for the colder months, or do you live somewhere that never feels the chill and so invest your time in beautiful homewares and delicate lace items. How does your local seasonal weather affect your craft?

I opened up my suitcases full of knitting and found that I do have knitting seasons, but not in the conventional sense. Temperature doesn't determine what I knit. (Except in the case of sweaters. Inevitably I complete a sweater just in time for a heat wave.) My seasons have to do with whatever new garment I am obsessed with. First was the season of hats. That was all I would make. Followed by shawls, sweaters, and finally socks. This isn't to say that another garment wouldn't sneak in between each frenzy. But there was a definite trend as to what was flying off of my needles.

The picture doesn't fully reveal how many sweaters, socks, etc were made during each knitting frenzy. A fair number of things were gifted or are patterns that haven't been released yet.

3 comments :

Pumpkin said...

You keep your knitting in suitcases? Did I ever tell you how awesome you are?

Jennifer said...

I, too, tend to knit according to whatever frenzy has taken me, and less according to the weather. And I agree with the above poster, it is awesome that you keep your knitting in suitcases.

Anonymous said...

this is an impressive collection none the less!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...