Saturday, April 21, 2012

Glorious

I have a new pair of socks! My very first hand knit present! Aren't they glorious?

I'm sure you are all wondering what I could have done in order to get such a lovely pair of socks. Well, to be honest, I whinged a bit about not ever having gotten a gift knit. It wasn't a hint or anything. But I may have mentioned that it was close to my birthday. (This was back in early February). When I got to work the next day Carol presented me with this skein that I had been eyeing, Tosh Sock in Vintage Apron.

It doesn't look like it in this photo, but Carol is very sneaky. She had tricked convinced Tyler into knitting a pair of socks out of the skein. My choice of sock pattern.

Here is the proof that it was Tyler knitting the socks and not a robot or something. 

I got them on Thursday and wore them on Friday. It didn't matter that it was over 80 degrees out. I was going to wear those socks. 

Thanks for my socks Carol and Tyler! I will cherish them in only a way a knitter can. I will wear them constantly until they are unrepairable.

And for those who may wish to know, the pattern is Skew.
Does anyone else have a favorite knit they were gifted?

11 comments :

Anonymous said...

They're so pretty! Congrats on such a thoughtful gift.

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful pair of socks, and such a thoughtful gift! I love handmade gifts - - it's always so nice to realize that someone actually put a lot of time and effort into a gift rather than just buying something already made.

Pumpkin said...

So pretty! I've always wanted to knit that pattern, I love the swirls on the heels. I don't blame you for wearing them when it is warm outside.

Anonymous said...

I've never been gifted a knit, a crochet owl but never a knit. Those socks look so cool in the striping yarn! I don't blame you for loving them!

Maryse said...

What a fun and thoughtful gift!!!

WildflowerWool said...

Lucky you! Skew is a fun pattern to knit. Enjoy your new socks!

Unknown said...

I love the swirl on the socks, the colours make me think of Thing 1 and Thing 2! What a lovely gift :)

spiderfiend said...

Jealous!!! what a pretty pair. you always have the coolest socks. I can't win.

Anonymous said...

Wow!! lucky you! I think knitters appreciate knitted gifts the most because they know the effort that went into them. I LOVE that "self-stripediness" of the colourway! So cool!! Great choice. And the pattern shows off the stripes to their best effect too.

Alina Sayre said...

That pattern really sets off the yarn to best advantage! I love the fun swirliness; it reminds me of kid-flavored ice cream or cosmic galaxies :)

Anonymous said...

I love them sooooo much. Good work.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...