Thursday, March 29, 2012

Halfway Done

It's offical. I'm halfway done with the pattern writing for The Book. I no longer have to hear my least favorite phrase, "You're almost halfway done." Almost and halfway are two rather depressing words in the English language and a bit more depressing when put together. Luckily, I'm past that.

I have the yarn for the next design. Or at least I thought I did. I'd gotten a little stalled on the next design. For me, that means one of two things have happened. Either the design doesn't seem balanced enough or my yarn choice isn't quite right. In this case, I realized that the yarn I had chosen wasn't quite the right weight to show off the design.

So I did some late night yarn shopping. I'm still using Madelinetosh in the Cousteau colorway. But instead of the Merino Light base, I'll be using the DK base.

6 comments :

Andi said...

Oooh! That blue is gorgeous. I'm glad it came in a different base that works better for you.

Pumpkin said...

I don't think you could have gone for a better yarn either, it is beautiful! I love how in the picture it looks almost iridescent. I really hope that this will do the trick and that the pattern finally comes to life!

Jennifer said...

Congrats on getting halfway done! I am very excited about your book!

pinkundine said...

That yarn is such a gorgeous colour :) I want to come and stroke it!

Anonymous said...

Well done you!! Creating a book of patterns is so much harder to do than it sounds. I hope you are giving yourself a well-deserved pat on the back.

And the colour of that yarn...!!!! Cousteau is an appropriate name!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! And my oh my that's a gorgeous color!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...