Sunday, December 11, 2011

Gnarled Oak Cardigan

The cardigan is done! I'm pretty excited to send it to my Oma. I'm fairly certain that this project will solidify my position as favorite grandchild. 

I'm modeling it here. It is a wee bit tight on me. I definitely would go 1-2 sizes up if it were for me. I only hope I haven't stretched out the cardi too much. The Tosh Pashmina seems to be a pretty forgiving yarn though.

For those who haven't followed the progression of this cardigan, it is the Gnarled Oak Cardigan by Alana Dakos. I made a modification to the button band, which is detailed on my ravelry project page. The buttons are 5/8 inch and are made of carved shell. This is the smallest size and took 4 skeins of Madelinetosh pashmina in the Denim colorway. I think I could have done it in three, but I didn't want to attach the two partial skeins I had to the button band. Plus it give me an excuse to knit a little something with the leftover skein.

6 comments :

Andi said...

It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I just love that yoke! It might even be enough to convince me to get the book. Your Oma should be one proud grandma of her amazing grand-daughter. You've done a fabulous job.

Jennifer said...

Very pretty!

Rocky Moreno said...

That came out really nice! And it's Madeline Tosh too!

Alina Sayre said...

Wow, that's really beautiful! Pretty pattern, pretty yarn, pretty knitter :) Congrats on getting it finished!

Maryse said...

I loved that cardigan but now that I've seen yours, I love it even more! It's perfect!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...