Friday, October 7, 2011

In Order To Finish, You Have To Begin

I noticed that it's been two weeks since I've talked about any knitting. Two weeks! I have been knitting quite a bit, but it's all been secret knitting. (Or that wretched sweater. I've sworn to myself not to post anymore about it until it's done.) I've been debating whether or not to talk about what all the secret knitting is for, mostly because once I start to talk about it, then I'm admitting to myself that I'm really going through with the idea. So here it goes...
I'm working on a knitting pattern book. And while it is too soon for me to talk about the theme, (unless you know me personally, in which case I talk about it all the time) I will start talking about all the frustrating and rewarding things that go along with creating a knitting book.
Madelinetosh Sock in Graphite, soon to be a pair of socks

The first thing that I find frustrating about writing a book is that everyone seems to be writing a book. I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter how many people are writing books. All that matters is that I finish mine.
Malabrigo Worsted in Bobby Blue, Ravelry Red, and Natural, soon to be a pair of hats

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the book!

Andi said...

How exciting! Are you self publishing? I really want to write book when I'm done with college.

*jenn* said...

Good luck with the book! I just recently found your blog and have been slowly reading the archives...it has been very enjoyable!

Alina Sayre said...

Hmmm *smile* I'm excited for this one! And am a new devotee of Madelinetosh yarn...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...