Wednesday, August 16, 2017

My Duderino

But sometimes, there's a man. And I'm talkin' about the Dude here. Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there.

I'd seen the movie "The Big Lebowski" before, but Connor hadn't, so a few months ago we watched it. Connor immediately identified with the main character, The Dude.

Not long after I came across Andrea Rangel's The Knitter's Dude pattern. It was clear that Connor needed his own Dude Sweater.

This is the first sweater I've knit for Connor. I told him hand knit sweaters are like a knitter's hug. He agrees.

Connor did ask for a slight modification. The pattern's instructions are for a button closure. Connor wanted to have a zipper instead. It took me two different zippers to get it to work. I cut the first zipper too short and then had a bit of a meltdown because I didn't realize I cut it too short until it was fully installed... four hours after I started. The second zipper went in much faster.

Connor is planning to channel his inner Dude for the foreseeable future.

3 comments :

Cindy said...

Beautiful!!! Someday I am going to try a zipper. I am usually pretty fearless when it comes to knitting but just can't wrap my head around doing the zipper. You go girl!!!

Anonymous said...

This is so freaking amazing!! Other than this pattern obviously being awesome, your execution of it is completely flawless. And Connor looks so happy with it :D I'm now actually considering knitting one of these for myself..

Alicia said...

I was gonna say something dumb like "That sweater looks like it was made for him!" which, of course, it was. But seriously, the style is A+ perfect for him.

Also, ripping out 4 hours of work?! Nightmare.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...