Tuesday, June 14, 2016

As The Needles Click

I have not been well for awhile. The last time I mentioned that things were not right was in April. I thought I was on the mend back then, but it wasn't to last. Since then I have visited many a doctor and been probed, scanned, and prescribed. After ruling out some really scary things, I made it to my nutritionist and it looks like we may have found an answer. I'm on a rather strict diet of meat along with certain fruits and vegetables now. I won't lie, I am mourning the loss of cheese, butter, and grains in my diet. (We just bought fancy cheese! Drat.) But if this works, I'll finally feel better.

While this has been going on, I've done my best to keep on knitting, designing, and being generally creative. I've had quite a few days of being exhausted, so progress has been slow. Never the less, I do have a little knitting to show off. I've been working on some shop samples. A baby giraffe hat and the cow variant of the baby giraffe hat.
After the second hat is complete, I'll put together the ears and horns

With all the doctor visits, I've snuck in a round or two of my Geographer socks. I was almost at the toe, but I noticed that there were two consecutive rounds that were rather loose. I don't want these socks to wear out prematurely, so I went ahead and ripped back a little to fix the problem.

Now that the Pucker socks are done, I feel I can use the white to mend my Sheep May Safely Graze socks. It turns out that the white I eventually chose, Rosy Green Wool Cheeky Merino Joy, is really too weak for the heels. Heels are my wear point and after wearing the socks three different times, I have had to mend the heels two different times. I'm planning to rip out the heel (and maybe the toes for good measure) and replace it with some Baa! La Jolla in the La Perla color. I think the Rosy Green Wool will last just fine for the rest of the sock. I'm looking forward to being able to put my sheep socks back into regular rotation.

4 comments :

Alicia said...

So glad to hear you may be on the mend! Dietary issues are a pain but definitely more manageable than scarier things. Stay well, friend!

Jennifer said...

So sorry you've not been well and have had to go to so many doctor's visits. I sincerely hope the nutrition changes will be the solution for you! I love your knitting, gorgeous as always.

Anonymous said...

Feeling sick and not knowing why (and worrying about) is the absolute worst. I really hope you're able to get on your feet (in new socks!) soon. Here's hoping the diet changes fix things!

Kiwiyarns said...

Very best wishes that your new diet does the trick. That does not sound good at all. In the meantime, take it easy, and enjoy all the knits!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...