Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Yarn Chicken

I wish I could show off a finished sweater. Alas, with three stripes left to go, I've made the classic rookie mistake and run out of yarn. (Note: It doesn't matter how long you've been knitting, sometime when you play yarn chicken, you crash and burn.) 

When I bought the yarn I hadn't planned to make any modifications. But when knitting, I thought I'd extend the sleeves to full length rather than three quarter.

Thanks to ravelry, I was able to get another skein out of someone's destash. It isn't the same dye lot, but I've noticed that Brooklyn Tweed does a pretty good job blending their yarns. Like Cascade, it seems to be pretty consistent between skeins.

Hopefully I'll be done with this sweater (Pente) soon!


Pumpkin said...

Yes, we all lose sometimes! Good improvisation, can't wait to see it finished.

Maryse said...

I glad that it will work out in the end! It looks pretty so far!

pansneedles.com said...

I'm so glad this post ended with you finding another skein! I guess with BT you at least know the colourways are out there, but still, waiting to finish is annoying!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...