Move over stockinette hell, I am in a lacy sweater hell. I have learned once again why you have to blend yarns from indie dyers... even on sleeves. I didn't really want to blend two balls of yarn together, so my brilliant idea was to take the bluer skein and knit that the cuffs and collar of the sweater. The browner skein would become the main portion of the sleeve. So that is what I did for the sleeve on the right. It was late and I didn't see how different it was until the next morning. Then I ignored it, because I'm a rebel. Later on at knit night Tyler said, "Whoa. Different dye lots?" Sigh....
The sleeve on the left is what it looks like when you do a round with one ball and a round with the second. I finally broke down and started blending when I held the right sleeve against the rest of the sweater and realized that it would have never worked.
Speaking of the rest of the sweater, I ended up taking out a repeat of the pattern along the top of the sweater because the armholes ended practically under my bust. Not a hot look.
I started this sweater in the middle of April and it has been nothing but trouble. Part of it is because of my modifications, some of which were necessary in order to get this sweater to fit me. Also, most of my sweaters roll forward on me, so this last knit night, Carol explained to me why. (In the most counterintuitive move, the back neckline needs to be lower so that it doesn't travel up my back. Weird.) I am so sick of knitting and ripping this sweater that we devised a clever, but crazily complicated way of making the collar that should accommodate the neckline issue. I really hope it works. I'm still really excited to wear this sweater. But I am really, really, really ready to be done knitting it.