This past year was the year of change. A year of new adventures. I laughed plenty. I cried bunches. This year has knocked the wind out of me. I've been so busy that all I feel like doing is sleep. But I wouldn't trade this year for anything.
I graduated with a BA in Design and started a job at the Yolo Wool Mill.
I went to New Zealand with my Dad.
I knit my first lace item.
I made wine for a third year in a row.
I learned how to cook. Food. Real food. A level above ramen. (Which is impressive to anyone who has lived with me)
I chased several lambs that had gotten on the wrong side of the fence from their mums.
I made friends with a kitten, now cat. (I never thought that would happen)
My name is Baloo. I live here.
I thought I'd go over my goals I had for 2010.
1. Keep this blog updated.
Status: Done. I've been posting at least once a week.
2. Make a portfolio site for my work.
Status: Moot. I decided I don't want to do graphic design professionally at the moment. The portfolio would have been part of my resume.
3. Have a daily comic site up.
Status: In progress. I am still drawing my comic, but the site is in the works.
4. Publish and sell some knitting patterns.
Status: Semi-complete. I did publish my Mr. Tumnus pattern for free. I have several patterns in the works to publish for $.
5. Learn how to spin wool.
Status: Completed. I started out using a spindle and quickly progressed to a wheel. An extra big thank-you to my grandparents who bought me a wheel as a graduation gift.
6. Graduate. Find a job/ internship/ something to pay the bills
Status: Complete. I did graduate and worked two different jobs. I worked at an art gallery for two months part-time. I've been working at a wool mill.
Goals for 2011:
1. Spin enough yarn for a large project. (Sweater or Blanket) Then complete said project.
2. In the same vein, knit a sweater. I've tried multiple times, but I've never actually completed a sweater.
3. Visit the Bonneville Salt Flats.
4. Make another music video.
5. Own only one carload of stuff.
6. Make a miniature garden or terrarium.